Want to work in the Online Digital Arena? We are looking for candidates with a great attitude who can take charge and run in a fast paced environment. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking a career in the digital marketing space.
The PostgreSQL Database Administrator will be responsible for administrating of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles, designing and developing logical and physical database designs from requirements. The potential candidate will also be in charge of providing advice and supporting to development resources, creation and modification of standards and procedures. The candidate can expect to be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Knowledge of Perl is a must
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Conduct technical reviews and Walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc
About Us: Brandify was founded in 1997 and has since grown into an industry-leading provider of location-based digital marketing solutions powering more than 500 brands. Serving more than 500,000 brick-and-mortar locations, Brandify has channel strength that reaches millions of consumers around the world.
Compensation: In addition to competitive compensation Brandify offers full benefits, a comfortable casual working environment, vacation, 4 day holiday weekends, 401k and many more additional benefits. We are committed to the excellence of our team and will continue to foster growth by treating our employees well!
EEO Statement: In It is the policy of Brandify to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Brandify will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Brandify’s programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, promotions and social/recreational programs. Brandify's CEO and senior leadership team have the responsibility to monitor progress, reinforce policies and hold the organization accountable to meet its objectives.